Funside Balaton Camp Policy
It is in our collective interest at the camp to know, to understand and to obey the camp policy, in order to make our camp as convenient and safe as possible. Therefore this policy is mandatory for all campers.
Campers must not:
- bring into the camp area or the organized lessons things or materials that can harm life, health and body, including tools that can cause or start fire.
- bring cigarettes (including electronic cigarettes and other alternative ways for smoking), alcohol or any other illegal things into the camp. These objects or materials will be taken from the campers and – if the law permits it- at the end of the camp will be given back to the parents.
- leave the area without the Camp Leaders’ permission.
- go into Lake Balaton without the Camp Leaders’ permission.
- leave their group during a lesson without their teacher’s permission.
- be a danger to either other campers or teachers. To fight or to cause any harm to any other person. This is considered as a severe offence.
- campers must not wear any items of clothing that feature offensive language or are too revealing or inappropriate for a children’s camp in any way.
- seriously disturb other campers.
- wear jewels during sport lessons, because of safety reasons.
- keep perishables in their room.
- declare any permanent or continuously cured sickness, allergy, food or medicine sensitivity
- inform the closest adult/teacher/Camp Leader about any accident, danger or fire that he is aware of as soon as possible; non-stop medical assistance is provided at the camp
- take part in lessons and behave adequately
- look after the buildings and equipment of the camp and their own valuables; campers are responsible for rented objects. Any damage caused to these object, equipment or buildings has to be refunded by the person who caused the damage. The value of these objects can be found in the Policy of the venue (Györöki Ifitábor, Balatongyörök, Hungary)
Supervision of valuables:
- campers are allowed to bring valuables (watch, laptop, mobile, jewels) or cash into the camp, but Camp Leaders only take responsibility if these objects are lodged in the Camp Leaders’ room; any other solutions (eg. keeping things mentioned above in the campers’ room) are not accepted and the Camp Leaders do not take any responsibility; lodging in and out is possible at the Camp Leaders’ office every day from 7:30 to 8:00, from 14:00 to1 5:00, and from 18:30 to 19:00.
- we are able to provide a limited number of laptops with internet connection for the campers
Dining and food:
- campers get full board and drinks, besides snacks (fruits) and drinking water; we kindly ask you not to send any extra and perishable food with the campers.
Language requirements for admittance:
Children must have at least a basic level (A2 or lower-intermediate) of spoken English (or Hungarian) to attend our camps, in order to be able to communicate with our staff. In case the child does not possess the necessary level of spoken English (or Hungarian) then child will not be admitted to the camp for safety reasons.
Cancelling due to illness or any other reason:
In case the child gets sick during or before the camp, or has to cancel the stay for any other reason, the camp leaders try their best reimburse the child and their family, or to offer a change of week, given that there are available places remaining. In case of cancellation, the following rules apply: in case of cancellation until up to the Monday before the camp, a full refund of the camp fee applies. Starting on the Monday before the camp, only 80% of the camp fee is refunded). In case of a cancellation on the Friday before the camp or later, including a case of no-show, a maximum of 50% of the camp fees can be refunded. After the camp has begun, no refunds are possible. Exception: if someone else (a newly signed up camper) takes the place of the child, then we can provide a full refund at any time.
Offences of Policy:
- Funside reserves the rights to apply the following sanctions in case a camper breaks the rules listed in the Camp Policy, behaves in an aggressive way or inflicts danger upon themselves or others, or when our staff deems it necessary for behavioral reasons: the camper may be temporarily kept from taking part in any given class or activity, the camper’s snack bar account may be temporarily frozen or the camper’s (recreational) internet-privileges may be revoked.
- In case a child breaks the camp rules multiple times, or once in a serious way, the child may be expelled from the camp and may be sent home immediately without even a partial refund of the camp fees.
- If a camper is expelled, the parents of the camper must organize the camper’s immediate travel home from the camp at their own cost.
- Funside reserves the right to possibly deny the future registration of a camper who was previously sanctioned for behavioral issues.
- Visit their children at an arranged appointment.
- Ask, complain to or inform the Camp Leaders at their own convenience.
- No teacher whose child attends the camp as a camper is allowed to work or volunteer at the camp during that week, unless a special permission is granted by the camp directors.
- Each issue that is not mentioned here is handled according to the Policy of the Györöki Ifitábor, Balatongyörök, Hungary, or to the current regulations and laws of the Civil Code of Hungary.
Information provided by the Parents during application are handled confidentially and is never given out to a third party.
This policy is part of the application form, campers and their parents ensure with their signatures that they have read, understood and accepted it.
Valid from: January 1st, 2017, until revoked.