Funside Balaton Camp Policy
It is in our collective interest at the camp to know, to understand and to obey the camp policy, in order to make our camp as convenient and safe as possible. Therefore this policy is mandatory for all campers.
Campers must not:
- bring into the camp area or the organized lessons things or materials that can harm life, health and body, including tools that can cause or start fire.
- bring cigarettes, alcohol or any other illegal things into the camp (includes any smoking substitute or any device that produces a similar sensation to smoking, even if not specified or prohibited by law, including but not limited to electronic cigarettes and other so-called “new generation” products; it also includes any device or substance that is legally available but without proper use it can cause bemusement). These objects or materials will be taken from the campers and – if the law permits it- at the end of the camp will be given back to the parents.
- carry any prescription or over-the-counter medication in the camp unless parents have informed the Camp Counselors in advance, at the latest upon arrival at the camp. The Camp can forbid the Campers to carry certain medicines (in this case they will be stored in the Medical Room and may only be taken during the camp under supervision). At the check-in, the medicines will be inventoried and will be taken to the Medical Room with a receipt signed by the parent. At the end of the camp, at check-out, an inventory will be taken again, and the parent will sign to confirm the return of the medication. The camp has the right to take any medication that the parents have not informed the Camp Counselors of in advance after an inventory has been taken and store it in the medical room until the end of the rotation (it will be returned to the Parents at the end of the rotation).
- share the medication the camper is carrying with other campers.
- leave the area without the Camp Leaders’ permission.
- go into Lake Balaton without the Camp Leaders’ permission.
- leave their group during a lesson without their teacher’s permission.
- be a danger to either other campers or teachers. To fight or to cause any harm to any other person. This is considered as a severe offence.
- seriously disturb other campers intentionally.
- wear jewels during sport lessons, because of safety reasons.
- keep perishables in their room.
- have a parental declaration that the camper is healthy (not suffering from a communicable disease) and can participate in the camp. We will provide you with a pre-prepared form that the Parent must sign in order for the child to attend the camp.
- declare any permanent or continuously cured sickness, allergy, food or medicine sensitivity
- keep all precautionary health measures.
- inform the closest adult/teacher/Camp Leader about any accident, danger or fire that he is aware of as soon as possible; non-stop medical assistance is provided at the camp
- to keep all precautionary health measures.
- take part in lessons and behave adequately
- look after the buildings and equipment of the camp and their own valuables; campers are responsible for rented objects. Any damage caused to these object, equipment or buildings has to be refunded by the person who caused the damage. The value of these objects can be found in the Policy of the venue (Györöki Ifitábor, Balatongyörök, Hungary)
- Deadline for all payments of camp fees: 31 May 2022
Supervision of valuables:
- campers are allowed to bring valuables (watch, laptop, mobile, jewels) or cash into the camp, but Camp Leaders only take responsibility if these objects are lodged in the Camp Leaders’ room; any other solutions (eg. keeping things mentioned above in the campers’ room) are not accepted and the Camp Leaders do not take any responsibility; lodging in and out is possible at the Camp Leaders’ office every day from 7:30 to 8:00, from 14:00 to 15:00, and from 18:30 to 19:00.
- we are able to provide a limited number of laptops with internet connection for the campers
Dining and food:
- campers get full board and drinks, besides snacks (fruits) and drinking water; we kindly ask you not to send any extra and perishable food with the campers.
- From 2020, there is a 4th meal that our campers receive every day apart from breakfast, warm lunch and warm dinner. At the snack point our campers can have oatmeal, instant soup or granola bar.
Language requirements for admittance:
Children must have at least a basic level (A2 or lower-intermediate) of spoken English (or Hungarian) to attend our camps, in order to be able to communicate with our staff. In case the child does not possess the necessary level of spoken English (or Hungarian) then child will not be admitted to the camp for safety reasons.
In case of cancellation due to illness or any other reason prior to the camp, the Camp Organizers will try their best to find someone from the waiting list to take over the place in question. If another Child (a newly signed up camper or someone from our waiting list) is able to take the place of the Child at the camp, then only the 5% service fee is charged, the remainder of the standard camp fees is fully refunded. If the cancelled camp is a premium camp, then then ‘extra fee’ of the premium class (e.g. the extra cost of Windsurfing, Horseback riding etc.) is only refunded if the newly signed up camper chooses the same class; otherwise this cost is not refunded. In order to have the best chance of a full refund, it is best to notify the Organizers as early as possible about a potential cancellation. It is not allowed to join the camp while being ill – should this be the case, please get in touch with our team as early as possible so that we can find the best solution for you.
In case the Organizers are unable to fill the place in question (there is nobody on the waiting list able to take over the place), then due to the costs regarding housing, meals, personal costs etc. in connection with that place already partially or fully spent, refunds may only be issued with the following conditions:
– A 95% of the full camp fee is refunded if the cancellation happens up to the Monday two weeks before the given camp week (only a 5% service fee is charged from the full camp fee). If the cancellation happens following this date but up to the Wednesday before the given camp week, then 80% of the full camp fee is refunded. Any cancellation that happens from Thursday to Saturday before the given week permits a 50% refund of the camp fees. In case of no show or a withdrawal from the camp after the camp week has begun, no refund is issued.
– In case a camper keeps their booking but cancels or substitutes a ‘premium fee’ class (e.g. Windsurfing, Horseback riding etc.) up to the Monday two weeks before the given camp week, the full cost of the extra fee is refunded. If the cancellation happens following this date but up to the Wednesday before the given camp week, then 80% of the extra fee is refunded. Any cancellation that happens from Thursday to Saturday before the given week permits a 50% refund of the extra fees. In case the class is cancelled by the camper or the parent on the first day of camp, or later, then no refund is issued for the extra fee. – In case a camper keeps their booking but cancels the bus service, up to the Monday two weeks before the given camp week, the full cost of the extra fee is refunded. If the cancellation happens following this date but up to the Wednesday before the given camp week, then 80% of the extra fee is refunded. Any cancellation that happens from Thursday to Saturday before the given week permits a 50% refund of the extra fees. In case the class is cancelled by the camper or the parent on the first day of camp, or later, then no refund is issued for the extra fee.
In the case of the Camper getting ill during the Camp, forcing them to leave the Camp or spending time in isolation within the Camp, the Organisers cannot be held responsible and the illness does not provide ground for a refund.
If the authorities impose mandatory quarantine on the Camper and thus they cannot continue participating in a week which has already begun, there is no ground for a refund.
All changes to be possibly made due to legal/public health instructions do not provide grounds for a refund or an extraordinary cancellation.
Cancellations must always be made in writing. Refunds are then issued within 30 days of the cancellation to the person who made the original payment.
Possible instances for the cancellation of the camp and possible following action
In case overnight (sleepover) camps become legally prohibited by the Hungarian government in 2022, and therefore the camp cannot go ahead this year, and this legal measure takes effect prior to 1 June 2022, anyone who has already made a payment is eligible for a full refund, or a voucher for next year’s camp of the same value, whichever one the payer prefers. The voucher cannot be later exchanged to cash.
In case overnight (sleepover) camps become legally prohibited by the Hungarian government in 2022, and therefore the camp cannot go ahead this year, and this legal measure takes effect on 1 June 2022 or later, anyone who has already made a payment will receive a voucher of the same value. The voucher can be redeemed in 2023, for Funside Balaton summer camps. The voucher cannot be exchanged to cash.
Please make sure that the camp fee is transferred until the 31st of May, 2022.
Cancellation due to weather:
– Generally, most of our sessions – including our language, education, and arts camps – can be held in bad weather, as we have some indoor spaces for this case. Some of the afternoon and evening activities also can be held indoors, but others cannot. In the event of bad weather on several days, we will replace the outdoor activities with other programmes that are equally fun but can be held indoors, and we will do our best to ensure that the most important activities of the week (such as the aqua park, water adventure park or Funside funfair) are not missed and will change the pre-scheduled programme of the week if necessary. Bad weather is the common enemy of all campers and camp organisers, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee sunny weather, so we cannot offer any refunds for bad weather.
– In the case of our Sports, American sports, and Tennis camps: if we are forced to postpone a session due to bad weather, we will endeavour to make up for some or all the classes, or to temporarily replace it with another sporting activity. A complete change to another session (for the whole cycle) is also possible, but only in the following cases: firstly, if there is persistent bad weather which makes it impossible to hold or replace sessions for several days and, secondly, if there is still a place available in the desired replacement session. Furthermore, we strongly advise our campers who choose sports activities to bring a baseball cap to classes, as the heat is just as dangerous as cold weather.
– In the case of our Horseback riding camp: horseback riding sessions will be held in cooler weather or in light drizzle. We therefore ask that campers who choose to come to our horseback riding camps bring long trousers or a windbreaker or raincoat. If our campers won’t bring any, they will not be allowed to participate in riding sessions in bad weather to protect their health. In this case, no substitutions will be made.
– For our Windsurfing camp and SUP camp: windsurfing sessions will be held in cooler weather and light drizzle, if permitted by the Balaton storm warning system. In this case, we provide our campers with neoprene suits for surfing. In the event of a storm or temporary calm, our instructors will give theoretical instruction in the camp area.
– In the case of our Golf camp: golf sessions will be held in any bad weather, as there is a covered practice course on site.
Offences of Policy:
- A serious offence of against the policy will automatically result in the cancellation of the camper’s stay and the camper will be sent back home.
- The price of the camp will not be refunded and the decision cannot be appealed.
- In case a camper is suspended from the camp and sent home, the camp has the right to deny subsequent applications from the camper to re-join the camp in future sessions.
Parents are able:
- due to the pandemic in 2022, parents CANNOT visit Campers inbetween weeks and CANNOT take them out of the camp.
- to ask, complain or announce anything to the Camp Leaders.
Each issue that is not mentioned here is handled according to the Policy of the Györöki Ifitábor, Balatongyörök, Hungary, or to the contemporary regulations/laws of the Civil Code of Hungary.
Data given during application are handled confidentially and is never given out to a third party.
This policy is part of the application form, campers and their parents ensure with their signatures that they have read, understood and accepted it.
Valid from 01 February 2022 until recalled.