With a curriculum based on the LEGO Education WeDo 2.0 platform, this program opens our campers' minds to the basics of robotics and computational thinking in a playful way, while encouraging cooperation and team work at a young age.
|Type of camp:||Overnight summer camp|
|Language of the classes:||Hungarian and English Learn more...|
|Dates & duration:||Weeks 1, 2 and 5 Learn more...|
|Location:||Balatongyorok, Hungary Learn more...|
|Age limits:||7 to 12 Learn more...|
|Group sizes at classes:||5-10 kids per class|
|Group sizes at activities:||8 kids per class Learn more...|
|Teacher to childer ratio:||1 to 5 Learn more...|
|Meals:||Full board, special dietary meals available Learn more...|
|How to sign up:||Online or at our Budapest HQ Learn more...|
During our robotics classes children work in pairs, using the WeDo 2.0 building sets, developed by LEGO Education for teaching STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) subjects.Every pair of campers receives an identical pack, featuring the well-known LEGO bricks and special elements like the ‘smart hub’ and motion sensors, as well as a tablet pre-loaded with the WeDo application to use in the classroom. The classes are project-based, aimed at solving real-life problems by building robots from the bricks and then programming them, using the tablet provided by us.
LEGO Education is all about learning in a playful way, which is the cornerstone of our education philosophy at Funside. Our Robotics Camp is especially recommended to students interested in the world of technology but have never learned how to code before. This program also provides is a great introduction into our new afterschool robotics and programming courses, beginning in the autumn of 2017.
To watch more videos, choose from the top left corner of the YouTube box or click here.
The three main goals of this class are:
1. Introducing kids to computational thinking: in our robotics program, students are introduced to the basics of programming, without having to know an actual programming language. During the classes kids use the WeDo application’s intuitive block-based coding platform, which uses shapes and colors instead of words and complex expressions to convey meaning. This also provides our campers with the opportunity to get accustomed with the ecosystems used at our own Programming Camps, as well as our new programming courses starting in September 2017 in Budapest.
2. Real world results: as opposed to actual programming, robotics offers real world, physical results that are tangible and easy to comprehend for younger children, providing a clear sense of accomplishment. This is a great way to introduce children to technology, before immersing themselves in the more abstract world of coding.
3. Cooperation and practical learning: we start the week with guided projects, gradually making our way towards more open ones that require more creative thinking from the students. Through this journey our campers will practice cooperation and communication through pair work, as well as developing their critical thinking through practical problem solving.
Afternoon and evening activities in 2017Each week has different free-time activities. Check out the detailed schedule for each session here...
|Aqua Park||Funside Funfair||Lights Show|
|Record Attempts||Beach Party||Water Football|
|Superheroes Day (new)||Battle of the Teams||Wizarding School (new)|
|Lip Dub Music Video Shoot||Lake Balaton||Learn more about the afternoon activities...|
What other camps can be combined with this?
- American Sports-Robotics Camp
- English-Robotics Camp
- Native English-Robotics Camp
- DJ-Robotics Camp
- Golf-Robotics Camp
- Arts & Crafts-Robotics Camp
- Horseback Riding-Robotics Camp
- Hungarian-Robotics Camp
- German-Robotics Camp
- Programming-Robotics Camp
- Sports-Robotics Camp
- Windsurfing-Robotics Camp
- Dance-Robotics Camp
- Tennis-Robotics Camp
Sign upDeadlines: availability for our camps is limited and places are filled up on a first-come, first-served basis. Sign up early to ensure your place for the desired camp. Registration starts on Wednesday, February 15, 2017.
More about prices and accepted cheques