Spend your summer break at Central Europe's largest lake and try horseback riding at the Funside Balaton Camp, where you can choose from several different classes, afternoon activities and programs for an unforgettable camp experience.
|Type of camp:||Overnight summer camp|
|Language of the classes:||Hungarian and English Learn more...|
|Dates & duration:||Weeks 1 to 5 Learn more...|
|Location:||Balatongyorok, Hungary Learn more...|
|Age limits:||7 to 17 Learn more...|
|Group sizes at classes:||2-4 kids per class|
|Group sizes at activities:||8 kids per class Learn more...|
|Teacher to childer ratio:||1 to 5 Learn more...|
|Meals:||Full board, special dietary meals available Learn more...|
|How to sign up:||Online or at our Budapest HQ Learn more...|
Each weekday morning at the Horseback Riding Camp, we travel from our camp venue to the nearby Idranyi Riding Center, where riding instructors hold classes for our campers in small groups. The classes are based on skill level: beginner and novice riders get about a half-hour riding lessons each time, on a lunge, while more advanced riders get about an hour-long lessons with or without a lunge, inside a paddock. Advanced riders with cross-country proficiency get to go cross-country riding for 60 to 90-minute sessions, with an instructor*. Riding helmets and back protectors are provided by us, free of charge. In the remaining time at the riding center, campers also get to take part in other everyday equestrian activities, finding out what it's like to work with a horse daily.
Besides the instructors, one of our camp counselors is always there on site, looking after our campers when they are not riding. We take the trip from the camp to the riding center by minivan and by car each day, Monday through Friday, which usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes. After the horseback riding classes, we get back to the camp in time for the second session of classes, so you can choose another one of our many different topics for your second two hours: Dance, Sports, Tennis, Arts & Crafts or English as a second language classes are all popular combinations (see the full list below). In the afternoon, we have several exciting activities lined up this year, such as trips to the aquapark, beach party or own world records day, and many more - something different every week (see list below).
* The campers' skills and proficiency will be checked by the instructors on the first morning to adequately assign them into the most fitting group, always bearing in mind the safety of the rider. For cross-country riding, a written declaration about the child's proficiency by the parents is also necessary. The minimum age requirement for cross-country riding is 10.
Afternoon and evening activities in 2017Each week has different free-time activities. Check out the detailed schedule for each session here...
|Aqua Park||Funside Funfair||Lights Show|
|Record Attempts||Beach Party||Water Football|
|Superheroes Day (new)||Battle of the Teams||Wizarding School (new)|
|Lip Dub Music Video Shoot||Lake Balaton||Learn more about the afternoon activities...|
What other camps can be combined with this?
- American Sports-Horseback Riding
- English-Horseback Riding Camp
- Native English-Horseback Riding Camp
- Arts & Crafts-Horseback Riding Camp
- Horseback Riding-DJ Camp
- Horseback Riding-Art Camp
- Horseback Riding-Programming Camp
- Horseback Riding-Robotics Camp
- Hungarian-Horseback Riding Camp
- German-Horseback Riding Camp
- Sports-Horseback Riding Camp
- Windsurfing-Horseback Riding Camp
- Dance-Horseback Riding Camp
- Tennis-Horseback Riding Camp
Sign upDeadlines: availability for our camps is limited and places are filled up on a first-come, first-served basis. Sign up early to ensure your place for the desired camp. Registration starts on Wednesday, February 15, 2017.
More about prices and accepted cheques