Funside Balaton Camp Policy
It is in our collective interest at the camp to know, to understand and to obey the camp policy, in order to make our camp as convenient and safe as possible. Therefore this policy is mandatory for all campers.
Campers must not:
- bring into the camp area or the organized lessons things or materials that can harm life, health and body, including tools that can cause or start fire.
- bring cigarettes, alcohol or any other illegal things into the camp. These objects or materials will be taken from the campers and – if the law permits it- at the end of the camp will be given back to the parents.
- leave the area without the Camp Leaders’ permission.
- go into Lake Balaton without the Camp Leaders’ permission.
- leave their group during a lesson without their teacher’s permission.
- be a danger to either other campers or teachers. To fight or to cause any harm to any other person. This is considered as a severe offence.
- seriously disturb other campers intentionally.
- wear jewels during sport lessons, because of safety reasons.
- keep perishables in their room.
- declare any permanent or continuously cured sickness, allergy, food or medicine sensitivity
- inform the closest adult/teacher/Camp Leader about any accident, danger or fire that he is aware of as soon as possible; non-stop medical assistance is provided at the camp
- take part in lessons and behave adequately
- look after the buildings and equipment of the camp and their own valuables; campers are responsible for rented objects. Any damage caused to these object, equipment or buildings has to be refunded by the person who caused the damage. The value of these objects can be found in the Policy of the venue (Györöki Ifitábor, Balatongyörök, Hungary)
Supervision of valuables:
- campers are allowed to bring valuables (watch, laptop, mobile, jewels) or cash into the camp, but Camp Leaders only take responsibility if these objects are lodged in the Camp Leaders’ room; any other solutions (eg. keeping things mentioned above in the campers’ room) are not accepted and the Camp Leaders do not take any responsibility; lodging in and out is possible at the Camp Leaders’ office every day from 7:30 to 8:00, from 14:00 to1 5:00, and from 18:30 to 19:00.
- we are able to provide a limited number of laptops with internet connection for the campers
Dining and food:
- campers get full board and drinks, besides snacks (fruits) and drinking water; we kindly ask you not to send any extra and perishable food with the campers.
Language requirements for admittance:
Children must have at least a basic level (A2 or lower-intermediate) of spoken English (or Hungarian) to attend our camps, in order to be able to communicate with our staff. In case the child does not possess the necessary level of spoken English (or Hungarian) then child will not be admitted to the camp for safety reasons.
In case the child gets sick during or before the camp, or has to cancel the stay for any other reason, the organizers of the camp try their best reimburse the child and their family, or to offer a change of week, given that there are available places remaining. In case of cancellation, the following rules apply:
- In case of cancellation, for any reason, between the time of the first payment made and the Monday before the chosen camp week, a service fee amounting to 5% of all fees is deducted and the entirety of the remaining sum is refunded to the person who made the payment. Cancellations must always be confirmed in writing.
- In case of cancellation between the Monday before the camp and the following Friday, 80% of the camp fee is refunded. In case of a cancellation on the Friday before the camp or later, including a case of no-show, a maximum of 50% of the camp fees will be refunded. After the camp has begun, no refunds are possible. However, if another child (from the waiting list) takes over the cancelled place before the camp week begins, then only the 5% service fee is charged, the remainder of the camp fees are fully refunded. (Therefore it is best to notify the organizers of the camp as early as possible about a potential cancellation.)
Offences of Policy:
- A serious offence of against the policy will automatically result in the cancellation of the camper’s stay and the camper will be sent back home.
- The price of the camp will not be refunded and the decision cannot be appealed.
- In case a camper is suspended from the camp and sent home, the camp has the right to deny subsequent applications from the camper to re-join the camp in future sessions.
Parents are able:
- to visit their children at an arranged appointment
- to ask, complain or announce anything to the Camp Leaders
Each issue that is not mentioned here is handled according to the Policy of the Györöki Ifitábor, Balatongyörök, Hungary, or to the contemporary regulations/laws of the Civil Code of Hungary.
Data given during application are handled confidentially and is never given out to a third party.
This policy is part of the application form, campers and their parents ensure with their signatures that they have read, understood and accepted it.